Tuesday 14 July 2009

Spring tops - AGAIN! #15, 16

As promised 4 posts ago here I am posting about the two spring tops I made myself from Sew Mama Sew.

This is the first one I made. The material is a small cord pink leopard print with black sateen lining forming the chest band. There are no pockets in this one but there are strap ruffles. Whilst getting these photos taken I was doing my best to annoy the heck out of my big sister (the one I made the top for) by waiting until shed pressed the button and then moving really quickly into a dumb pose, hence some bluriness.









This top is made from a beautiful lightweight skull and crossbones fabric in navy. Im hoping that of what I have left I will have enough to send to Amanda of KitschyCoo to make into one of her adorable hoodies for my nephew for his christmas.

This top does have pockets on each side as I have tried to show and again the ruffles on the straps (for a lady my size I think I definitely need the strap ruffles or else I would look utterly horrendous as opposed to vaguely horrendous :-p)







I particularly love that last picture as I think it looks really cool. Its the only one I like out of the whole shoot :-p

4 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

lovely tops Kat - i prefer the blue and that last photo shows the lovely detail at the back - i'm really tempted to make one of these tops - love the ruffles and the pockets.

Domestic Kat said...

Ill tell you a secret. I prefer the blue too. The top in general is nearly nice at the back. The way that it sits and looks.

I totally think you should. I think everyone should make one of these tops as they are soo simple.

:)

cupotea said...

Those are cracking!

Domestic Kat said...

Cheers Eileen. THey are seriously comfy as well.

Im wearing the skull and crossbones one just now