Saturday 8 November 2008

Yet another Christmas present

I dont know if I have mentioned it in another post but the reason you see soooo many posts here regarding christmas presents is that I have made a personal pledge to make or buy as many presents handmade from now on. It isnt always viable but the more I can get or make myself the happier I will be.

Anyway, ages ago I bought a stack of material off a girl on LJ. There was 5 pieces all 2 metres or more for a tenner. I didnt realise, however, that they were dressmaking materials but this has been a blessing in disguise as it has made me branch out a bit. When I opened the package Craig, my partner saw a material and instantly demanded I make him a shirt out of it. Having never made clothes, never mind clothes for him I was a bit scared but I agreed. I decided to make it as part of his christmas present.

I bought a Simplicity pattern to do this with, but I am absolutely RUBBISH at reading patterns so I kinda had to improvise a wee bit when I couldnt understand something. Now that it is finished I can see problems with it and mistakes but hopefully he doesnt notice them. If I ever have to make one again in the future though I will know how to do it properly.

I have to be honest though. I did find making this slightly fun which I never thought I would. Here is the item of clothing in question:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: