Wednesday 15 October 2008

Baby Blankets

I never thought Id have patience to do patchwork. I dont think Ill ever do it in the sense of quilting, but I really do enjoy piecing together the patches, so Ive adapted the technique to my own uses.

I started out making a patchwork baby blanket for a girl in my work who was due to go off on maternity leave. I had picked up some Ikea fabric a while ago and decided that would be really sweet. Then I decided I wanted to keep making them and so made 4 for my first craft fair back in August.

I bought a great big huge box of pre-cut patches from someone on Livejournal as Id used her patches before and liked the colours. The alternating fabric I had gotten for 99p for about a metre of each and cut it into patches.

I made two blue blankets and two red/orange blankets. 3 had white soft chenille type fleece backing and the 4th I used fuschia pink fleece backing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow! Those blankets are great!
I hope you don't mind but I have sort of tagged you, everyone seems to have already been tagged so I Just linked to you to recommend your blog. You can treat it as a tagging if you want.:)(I wasn't sure if you had been already or not)